An Open Letter to Hugh Grant, Monsanto Board Members, and Staff
Moms Across America are writing you because we have seen the health of our children improve when we remove genetically modified, or GM foods, from their diets. We know what scientists SAY, but we ask you to consider what Moms are SEEING.
• We see that our children fare worse health-wise than children from other countries. The difference is that 80% of our food contains genetically modified organisms (GMOs). (1)
• Today, 1 out of 3 American children are overweight or obese since GMOs have been introduced. (2)
• 1 out of 3 American children now have Allergies, Autism/ADHD, Asthma or Auto Immune Disorders. (3).
• We Moms see firsthand that when we take our children off GMOs, and feed them organic food, their symptoms either disappear or dramatically improve. (4)
Do you or a staff member have a child with Autism? Do you know how difficult life is for that family? Do you see that the future and potential of an entire generation of children is being stolen from them because of the impact to their health from GMOs? Have you seen a child with a rash? Did you know that a rash on the outside of the body means inflammation in the stomach, which can lead to stomach cancer?
We know your intentions were to feed the world. But countries around the world have rejected GM food.
We know your intention in putting insecticides INTO the food we eat was to reduce the quantity of insecticides sprayed ON the food we eat. We ask you to acknowledge that, despite this intention, pesticide use has in fact INCREASED and so have the health problems of our children and our country.
We know you want to help the world. We ask you to have the courage to acknowledge that GM practices and Roundup® are hurting our world. We have seen the recent and new scientific studies on the impact of GMOs and Glyphosate (5a) with links to autism, Alzheimers, food allergies, liver cancer, IBS, breast cancer in humans (6) and possibly mental illness (5b) and we have witnessed the results firsthand in our kids. (7)
We have seen the scientific study showing birth defects, miscarriages in pigs who ate GMO feed(8). And we personally have experienced far too many miscarriages and rise in struggles with infertility. We love our children, and want them to be healthy and to be able to have their own kids some day. Please stop and consider our plea.
The auto industry issues a recall when their product is suspected of causing harm. We ask you to recall Roundup® and cease GMO seed production until the consumption and long-term use of such products are proven safe.
It takes a big person to make a global company. It takes an even BIGGER person to admit things aren’t working they way you intended and change course.
We Moms know your Mom would be proud of you if you put the health of the nation first and stopped selling GMO seeds and spraying Glyphosate (Roundup®) and other harsher pesticides.
Moms Across America
Further information about Moms Across America and numerous studies can be found on our website at www.momsacrossamerica.com/blog.
Further information about Moms Across America and numerous studies can be found on our website atwww.momsacrossamerica.com/blog.
and Jeffrey M. Smith, “Genetic Roulette”: http://geneticroulettemovie.com/
(5a) Samsell and Seneff “Glyphosate and Modern Diseases” http://people.csail.mit.edu/seneff/glyphosate/glyphosate.html
(5b) Jeffrey M. Smith interview with MIT Dr. Stephanie Seneff on You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_AHLDXF5aw
(6) Breast cancer – Dr. Thongprakaisang: Glyphosate Induces Growth in Human Breast Cancer Cells: http://gmoevidence.com/dr-thongprakaisang-glyphosate-induces-growth-in-human-breast-cancer-cells/
(7) Moms, GMOs and Kids health: http://www.momsacrossamerica.com/moms_speak_out_about_gmos_and_family_health
(8) Dr. Judy Carman: Evidence of GMO Harm in Pig Study: http://gmoevidence.com/dr-judy-carman-evidence-of-gmo-harm-in-pig-study/
Moms Across America: June 28, 2013
Moms Across America unite in raising GMO awareness with a range of events planned throughout the
United States on July 4th, 2013.
Visit their website to find an event near your location at www.momsacrossamerica.com.
Press Contact Specified:Zen Honeycutt firstname.lastname@example.org