Moms Across America Gold Standard
From seed to supermarket we’re forging a new standard for a healthy planet.
What if you had company names at your fingertips that are taking on the best available practices in producing healthy products? Brands collaborating with Moms Across America who have core beliefs focused on health, integrity, transparency, and beyond sustainable...regenerating the planet?
That’s why Moms Across America created the utmost level of verification with the multi-tiered Gold Standard. Gold Standard brands are working towards or have achieved the most stringent standards available today so you can trust their products and company practices.
We’ve taken the mystery out of shopping, so you can focus on your busy life instead of spending hours researching products. These Moms Across America Gold Standard brands are invested in our health and the future of our planet. These are the brands that know better and are doing better.
The power of the Gold Standard is in numbers. Together we can achieve enormous changes by supporting Gold Standard verified companies. With a groundswell of support, we can make products and the world healthier for everyone.
What are the Moms Across America Gold Standards?
A detailed description can be found here.
To receive 3 Gold Stars a brand's product must:
1. Provide total transparency, including "natural flavors" and not include carrageenan, chlorine dioxide, synthetic food dyes or additives.
2. Be organic. Either by the USDA or other certifier. ( Or BIODYNAMIC)
3. Get glyphosate herbicide tested or submit Glyphosate Residue Free certification by the Detox Project.
To receive 4 Gold Stars a brand's product must:
1. Meet all previous requirements.
2. Be Non GMO Project Verified- IF the ingredients exist as GMO (for instance a pure coconut milk would not need to be Non GMO Verified) and no SYNBIO
3. Heavy metal tested for 2X the number of heavy metals in standard testing.
4. Have product tested for 2 X the number of pesticides and herbicides than current organic standards, with Best Practices level set at, on average, 10,000 X lower.
To receive 5 Gold Stars a brand's product must:
1. Meet all previous requirements.
2. Use Fair Trade practices and/or pay Fair Labor wages.
3. Use Low to No Pollution Packaging- utilizing 100% recycled materials, have a mail in recycling program, bioplastics or glass.
4. Supports the transition to Regenerative Organic Agriculture either through ingredients or by donating a portion of sales.
We moms have enough problems, we need solutions. We are happy to provide the service to our supporters of assessing brands and making the information available through a verification process to make their shopping experience easier, improve their family's health, and reduce their impact on the planet. We will conduct a thorough review of a brand's claims yearly and require documentation for every standard. It will take 3-6 months to assess and announce Moms Across America's first Gold Standard brands. Thank you for your patience. Sign up for our email alerts and stay tuned!
Note: Affidavits, spot checks and proof of existing certifications will be required. Further information of all definitions and requirements is available upon request. This is a verification process of their certification, not a certification of the entire production chain. Changes may be made to requirements and this program at any time. Use of Gold Standard seal may be revoked at any time if proof of misinformation is discovered. Moms Across America does not take responsibility for a guarantee of every batch of every product (unintentional contamination may occur), but does require a signed affidavit from the company participating that they are being honest and forthright in their claims. Our intention is to give companies goals to aspire to, guidelines to follow and fulfill to provide safer, more responsible products, with a method of accountability to maintain their promises, which are our gold standards. Moms Across America Gold Standard name and seal may only be used with expressed permission from Moms Across America.