SHOPPING GUIDE TO ORGANIC GLYPHOSATE-FREE FOOD
GLYPHOSATE-TESTED FOOD SEALS
- · HEALTHY TRADITIONS organic foods are batch-tested for
glyphosate. Can be bought online, and are pricey.
This is the gold standard seal. (BEST)
- · CCOF (Calif Certified Organic Farmers) and
- · OREGON TILTH foods are 5% pesticide-tested- but only rarely is
the more expensive single glyphosate test used. (BETTER)
- · GLYPHOSATE-FREE CERTIFIED -This new certification is barely
on the market,. http://biochecked.com/tag/glyphosate-free-certified -will retest foods annually.
ORGANIC GROWER SEALS
- · BIODYNAMIC/DEMETER bee-friendly (uses no pesticides) emphasizing gentle, natural soil regeneration and seed development, with minimal outside additives, and restoration of natural systems and life of the soil.
www.demeter-usa.org/downloads/Demeter-At-A-Glance.pdf Not glyphosate tested, (BEST)
- · CERTIFIED NATURALLY GROWN SEAL bee-friendly; simple for farmers to transition to, and manure used may not be from animals fed GE feed.
www.cngfarming.org/alprosubstances Not glyphosate tested, (BETTER)
- · USDA ORGANIC guidelines for fertilizer sources are unclear, so fertilizers from animals may contain pesticides - ‘Natural’ pesticides are allowed . “Manures from conventional systems are allowed in organic production, including manure from livestock grown in conﬁnement and from those that have been fed GE feeds.” https://attra.ncat.org/attra-pub/summaries/summary.php?pub=67
There are organic growers with integrity, so know your grower,‘buy local.
Not glyphosate- tested, (CAN BE GOOD)
- · GROWING YOUR OWN - assures that you know what is in your food.
(As GOOD as it GETS!) Save your own seeds or buy biodynamic or organic. The Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Company has the largest free seed catalog in the world. They support Moms Across America and are wonderful people!
by Jessica Denning, Moms Across America, CSG member, LabelGMOs.org legislative director.