What can pesticides applicators use instead of toxic chemicals?
We first suggest having the landscapers of your city, HOA, schools or parks learn about tending the soil of the land such that weeds and pests are eliminated naturally. Healthy soil means healthy plants and healthy environment for healthy people.
Amish farmers and educator John Kempf describes how this works in agriculture crop management here, on www.Advancingecoagriculture.com, and these techniques can be applied to landscaping as well.
If sprays are deemed necessary, to find resources on alternatives to sprays, please see what the committed members of the following groups have found:
Beyond Pesticides Lawn and Landscaping
NonToxic Irvine www.irvineparentsagainsttoxicpesticides.org/
And on New Zealand Greens click on "resources" http://action.greens.org.nz/glyphosate
Find out more about how cities like Irvine had their city stop spraying toxic chemicals.
Download an educational flyer about glyphosate/toxins to create healthy communities here: www.momsacrossamerica.org/materials
Thank you for sharing this information with city councils, HOA's, schools, churches, parks and recreation and neighbors!
SHOPPING GUIDE TO ORGANIC GLYPHOSATE-FREE FOOD
GLYPHOSATE-TESTED FOOD SEALS
- · HEALTHY TRADITIONS organic foods are batch-tested for
glyphosate. Can be bought online, and are pricey.
This is the gold standard seal. (BEST)
- · CCOF (Calif Certified Organic Farmers) and
- · OREGON TILTH foods are 5% pesticide-tested- but only rarely is
the more expensive single glyphosate test used. (BETTER)
- · GLYPHOSATE-FREE CERTIFIED -This new certification is barely
on the market,. http://biochecked.com/tag/glyphosate-free-certified -will retest foods annually.
ORGANIC GROWER SEALS
- · BIODYNAMIC/DEMETER bee-friendly (uses no pesticides) emphasizing gentle, natural soil regeneration and seed development, with minimal outside additives, and restoration of natural systems and life of the soil.
www.demeter-usa.org/downloads/Demeter-At-A-Glance.pdf Not glyphosate tested, (BEST)
- · CERTIFIED NATURALLY GROWN SEAL bee-friendly; simple for farmers to transition to, and manure used may not be from animals fed GE feed.
www.cngfarming.org/alprosubstances Not glyphosate tested, (BETTER)
- · USDA ORGANIC guidelines for fertilizer sources are unclear, so fertilizers from animals may contain pesticides - ‘Natural’ pesticides are allowed . “Manures from conventional systems are allowed in organic production, including manure from livestock grown in conﬁnement and from those that have been fed GE feeds.” https://attra.ncat.org/attra-pub/summaries/summary.php?pub=67
There are organic growers with integrity, so know your grower,‘buy local.
Not glyphosate- tested, (CAN BE GOOD)
- · GROWING YOUR OWN - assures that you know what is in your food.
(As GOOD as it GETS!) Save your own seeds or buy biodynamic or organic. The Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Company has the largest free seed catalog in the world. They support Moms Across America and are wonderful people!
by Jessica Denning, Moms Across America, CSG member, LabelGMOs.org legislative director.