- How to Host a Parade & USA Parade List.
- Watch a Short Video of some of our 172 MAAM parades in 2013!
- Want Tips on How to Start a Group for a Parade or Event?
- Need an Event Idea for earlier than the July 4th parades?
- Video on how to post a parade and email our supporters
- List of current and past events for reference
Find events near you or you can
Let's meet to discuss the importance of labeling GMOs for our families and our future. All are welcome.
National Food Day Celebration. The celebration will be a combined event with the Downtown Artist & Farmer's Market and will offer a variety of booths, demonstrations, and activities all centered around "healthy, affordable and sustainable food." Right To Know El Paso will offer GMO education, hand out brochures and have a petition for GMO labeling in texas.
Come see the much-talked about documentary, Unacceptable Levels, and discuss ways in which we can get our community involved in GMO awareness and support labeling!
Label GMOs IE with the 28ers present this informational evening about GMOs. Feel Free to Wear Your Favorite Frankenfood Costume -- or any Costume for that Matter! Activists from the Inland Empire Chapter of LABEL GMOs Will Discuss the Unintended Consequences of Genetically Modified Organisms:
1) Why copyrighting organic life is a moral hazard to us all;
2) How Big Ag dominates the legislative process by bribing elected officials via campaign contributions and by drafting bills favorable to their profit margins;
3) GMOs don't increase nutritional content and reduce the diversity of foods offered
3) How GMOs damage and dismantle the local food sovereignty of both nations and their farmers;
4) And how GMOs wreck the Earth's biosphere via pesticides and genetic tampering, which are done with little long-term studies to test for environmental blowbacks.
5) GMO seeds often used to benefit the purchasing of pesticides and herbicides from these very same companies, like Monsanto, which owns both ends of the profit cycle.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
6:30 - Greetings and Introductions from The 28ers
7:00 - Short Film: "What's Wrong with Our Food System"
7:15 - Film Excerpt: "Genetic Roulette"
7:45 - Robyn O'Brien's TEDtalk: "Patriotism on a Plate"
8:15 - Label GMOs, I.E.: Short & Mid-Term Solutions
8:30 - The 28ers' Vision for Change: 28th Amendment
9:00 - The People's Salon: Q&A
Pledge to go GMO-free this halloween! Provide a GMO-free trick or treating option at your house this year!
Email your address to firstname.lastname@example.org to be included in our list of list of healthy homes.
RSVP with your email address, and we'll send the Non GMO Project's guide to a "Green Halloween."
Live near Rutherfordton? Concerned about gmo's? Me too!! Please email or fb me, let's host a MAAM halloween table during the Main Street Halloween fun time from 5:30-7.
Round Rock ISD Healthy Lifestyles invites you to our annual Healthy Living Celebration on the Westwood High School field.
Activities include Rock climbing wall, mechanical bull, flash mob, board breaking contest, Yoga, “Amazing Race” obstacle course, face painting, facials, massages, sports drills, nutrition, GMO and cooking demonstrations, healthy food samples, medical screenings and SO much more FREE fun.
Fun Run begins at 12:30 pm on the Westwood track, prizes for top finishers. ADULTS you are invited too.
BRING YOUR BIKE for a free tune up, safety check and fun bike drills on the track.
12400 Mellow Meadow Drive near highway 183 and Lake Creek Drive
Do you care about what’s happening with our food system, but you’re not sure where to start?
Ever wondered which elected official you needed to call to take action on an issue or what to say to the person on the other end of the phone line when you do call?
Already done some activism work and want to learn more about how to be really effective and make a significant impact?
If any of these describe you, then check out the Farm and Ranch Freedom Alliance’s two-day intensive training on how to be an effective citizen activist!
Our system only works when people become involved. And every person counts. FARFA regularly lobbies at both the state and federal level, and an essential part of our mission is providing educational resources for people affected by government farm and food policies, empowering them to speak up on behalf of themselves.
Developing your goals
Finding allies and creating coalitions
Creating and promoting your message
Identifying the right people at various levels (city council, state legislators, or Congressmen)
Meeting with your elected officials
Developing effective tools and strategies
Seating is limited for this workshop so that we can provide personalized attention to all attendees. We want to ensure everyone gets the maximum benefit from the experience and that the workshop meets their goals for their activism work.
Pre-registration is requireed
Visit http://farmandranchfreedom.org/events/2014-citizen-activism-workshop/ for more information and to register.