We suspect toxic GMO agrochemical farming is killing our babies. Will you help us to hold mega corporations accountable?
This week, the FDA announced that they advise consumers not to use Abbot Baby Formula brands Similac, Alimentum, and EleCare powdered formulas due to a connection to 5 recorded hospitalizations and two deaths after consuming these formulas. The babies developed Cronobacter sakazakii and Salmonella Newport infections, leading to their hospitalizations and/or deaths.
The FDA has not taken the responsibility of ordering a recall. They continue to allow this product to be sold.
If you are giving your baby formula or know someone who is, we ask you to look at the container immediately.
The lot numbers are:
- 22 through 37 as the first two digits in the code
- K8, SH, or Z2 as part of the code
- Expiration date of 4-1-2022 (APR 2022) or later
In addition, Abbott has recalled a Similac PM 60/40 powdered infant formula with the lot code 27032K800. This is a specialty formula for certain infants who would benefit from lowered mineral intake.
Feb. 17, Abbott announced that the company initiated a voluntary recall of potentially affected products, including Similac, Alimentum, and EleCare powdered formulas manufactured in its Sturgis, Michigan facility. Products made at this facility can be found across the U.S. and were likely exported to other countries as well. Canadian health officials have also issued a recall warningExternal Link Disclaimer. Additional recall information is available on the FDA website. Parents and caregivers can also enter their product lot code on the company's websiteExternal Link Disclaimer to check if it is part of the recall.
- Cronobacter bacteria can cause severe, life-threatening infections (sepsis) or meningitis (inflammation of the membranes that protect the brain and spine). Symptoms of sepsis and meningitis may include poor feeding, irritability, temperature changes, jaundice (yellow skin and whites of the eyes), grunting breaths, and abnormal movements. Cronobacter infection may also cause bowel damage and may spread through the blood to other parts of the body.
- Salmonella is a group of bacteria that can cause gastrointestinal illness and fever called salmonellosis. Most people with salmonellosis develop diarrhea, fever, and abdominal cramps. More severe cases of salmonellosis may include a high fever, aches, headaches, lethargy, a rash, blood in the urine or stool, and in some cases, may become fatal.
Glyphosate, the most widely used herbicide globally, has been shown to target and destroy beneficial gut bacteria and promote the proliferation of pathogenic gut bacteria like Salmonella and E-coli.
If you or a friend (please ask them!) has this baby formula, we would like to test it for glyphosate and other pesticides.
We suspect the toxic chemical farming system is mainly responsible for contributing to these babies' hospitalizations and deaths.
Many of the ingredients in these formulas are likely GMO.
Due to reports from farmers whose cows and pigs that ate GMO feed sprayed with glyphosate experienced similar bacterial overgrowths that killed their livestock, further investigation is needed into the possible connection between the GMO formulas and the harm to these babies.
Corporations that continue to produce toxic products must be held accountable.
Please send the baby formula from the above lot numbers to:
Moms Across America
149 Weaver Blvd
Weaverville, NC 28787
If you would like to donate to make this testing possible, Moms Across America asks you to be our partners in health.
Sample testing will cost about $700 per sample for hundreds of harmful pollutants.
Thank you for sharing this mail, asking your friends with babies to check their formula, and donating to support our work.
Please be our partners and donate today to create healthy communities!
Zen Honeycutt and the MAA Team
Moms Across America
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in with