Label GMOs IE with the 28ers present this informational evening about GMOs. Feel Free to Wear Your Favorite Frankenfood Costume -- or any Costume for that Matter! Activists from the Inland Empire Chapter of LABEL GMOs Will Discuss the Unintended Consequences of Genetically Modified Organisms:
1) Why copyrighting organic life is a moral hazard to us all;
2) How Big Ag dominates the legislative process by bribing elected officials via campaign contributions and by drafting bills favorable to their profit margins;
3) GMOs don't increase nutritional content and reduce the diversity of foods offered
3) How GMOs damage and dismantle the local food sovereignty of both nations and their farmers;
4) And how GMOs wreck the Earth's biosphere via pesticides and genetic tampering, which are done with little long-term studies to test for environmental blowbacks.
5) GMO seeds often used to benefit the purchasing of pesticides and herbicides from these very same companies, like Monsanto, which owns both ends of the profit cycle.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
6:30 - Greetings and Introductions from The 28ers
7:00 - Short Film: "What's Wrong with Our Food System"
7:15 - Film Excerpt: "Genetic Roulette"
7:45 - Robyn O'Brien's TEDtalk: "Patriotism on a Plate"
8:15 - Label GMOs, I.E.: Short & Mid-Term Solutions
8:30 - The 28ers' Vision for Change: 28th Amendment
9:00 - The People's Salon: Q&A
3948 Mission Inn Ave
Riverside, CA 92501
Google map and directions