Article by Kate Rose, Kate Rose Wellness
Optimizing your vitamin D levels is critical for good health, including dealing with severe SARS-CoV-2 (“COVID”) infection. Many studies show a correlation between vitamin D3 deficiency and the severity of COVID. So why aren’t our Health Departments doing more to educate people on the importance of vitamin D and other vital nutrients in dealing with COVID?
Residents of Yolo County, California have taken action by calling on their Public Health Department to educate their community on the importance of vitamin D in dealing with COVID. The residents have formed a group called D.E.A.R (D Education Action Repletion), and as part of their initiative, have prepared a leaflet that explains Mother Nature’s alternatives to the vaccine, namely an immune system optimized with nutrients most people today are deficient in. D.E.A.R also proposes an exemption to vaccine mandates be given to persons with a vitamin D3 level of approximately 50 ng/mL based on recent scientific studies which show a theoretical point of zero mortality from COVID at these levels.
Moms Across America encourages families to follow D.E.A.R’s lead through contacting their own county’s Public Health Department about sharing a protocol for optimizing vitamin D3 and other key nutrients for dealing with COVID and believes such a protocol is well overdue. If you are interested in getting involved by contacting your local Public Health Department, below are some talking points that may assist you:
- One recent study published in the US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health in October 2021 showed a vitamin D3 threshold level of 30 ng/mL decreased COVID mortality considerably, and a mortality rate of close to zero could be achieved through a vitamin D3 level of approximately 50 ng/mL. The study concluded low vitamin D levels are a predictor for infection, rather than a side effect of COVID.
- The COVID protocols for prophylaxis, early treatment and hospitalized patients created by Americas Front Line Doctors FLCCC all include vitamin D3 supplementation.
- Many people are deficient in vitamin D3 as a result of our modern lifestyles and poor nutritional choices, and elderly people, black people, and people with comorbidities show very low vitamin D3 levels. They are also amongst the people who are at the highest risk for severe COVID.
- The FDA’s current recommendations for vitamin D3 intake of 800 IU/day is woefully inadequate to achieve a vitamin D3 level of 50 ng/mL.
- The best way to determine a person’s daily vitamin D3 requirement is to have their levels tested. A chart can then be used to find the appropriate daily dose.
- It is important to balance vitamin D supplementation with other nutrients, particularly vitamin K2, calcium, and magnesium.
- Currently, both abroad and in the US, many people are unable to participate in activities that were an important part of their life two years ago including employment, education, travel, and dining in restaurants unless they have either
1. Met COVID vaccine requirements,
2. Have antibodies from prior COVID infection or
3. Subject themselves to regular testing. This completely ignores
any holistic, and science-backed, protocols
strategies a lot of people are choosing to use such as building
a naturally robust immune system, maintaining a healthy
weight and optimizing vitamin D3 levels.
It also ignores the latest studies on the effectiveness of the COVID vaccines.
- People have valid concerns over the COVID vaccine and are choosing not to take it, and understandably so. Data shows COVID vaccines are the deadliest vaccines in history and are causing more harm than good for certain demographics, particularly children.
- The Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS) shows that, as of January 21, 2022, 740,000 domestic adverse events have been reported to VAERS following the COVID vaccine, including 10,316 deaths and 67,496 serious injuries. VAERS is the primary government-funded system for reporting adverse vaccine reactions in the U.S, and although it is not an accurate indicator of COVID vaccine injuries, VAERS is the best publicly available system and studies have shown it is underreported by a factor of 41.
- Children are at greater risk of developing Myocarditis from the COVID vaccine than suffering severe COVID, especially now the Delta variant has almost completely been replaced by the milder Omicron variant. Data suggest 1 in 317 boys aged 16 to 17 will get myocarditis from the COVID shots, and after a third booster, that number may be even higher.
- Clearly, there is no “one size fits all” protocol and it is important that people be allowed to make fully informed medical decisions on behalf of themselves and their families without coercion or discrimination, especially when there are alternatives to vaccines that are proven to be safe and effective in dealing with COVID. The unvaccinated also deserve equal respect and support as the vaccinated.
- Florida has recently expanded their approach to managing COVID beyond masks and vaccines, and have included information on optimizing nutrients like vitamins C, D, quercetin, and zinc on their Florida Health website.
Alternative protocols, which include the use of vitamin D3, are proving to be highly effective in dealing with COVID in both the vaccinated and unvaccinated. Please consider contacting your county’s Public Health Department asking them to support alternative protocols, including the use of vitamin D3, and educating people on the options available to them.
Kate Rose is an Intuitive Transformational Coach and founder of Kate Rose Wellness. She combines energy healing with her extensive knowledge and experience in holistic living to help people transform their physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual well-being.
Moms Across America has been asked for a good, organic source of Vitamin D. We highly recommend our affiliate, which supports our work: Ora Organics.